Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter OB/GYN, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, Canadian Spice, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Host of Jensplaining, NYT contributor. Aug. 10, 2019 1 min read

Well, my mom died

You guys are all so sweet you are making me cry. And I am ok really. We had a very complicated relationship and I was a source of much disappointment to her. It’s just all so weird.

I mean the things she said to me were so horrible they are actually funny. I sometimes do a routine of them and people are horrified and they also laugh. When I said I was in Chatelaine she said, “Did youbdo something wrong?”

And I guess I am tweeting about it because I know I am not the only one who was an eternal disappointment and I want you to know if this speaks to you, it’s not you! You are awesome. Believe it.

When a friend’s daughter wanted to be a radiologist (wasn’t even in Med school and I was already an OB/GYN) she said, “She wants to do something good for women and read mammograms.”

And once when I came home for a visit during residency she said, “Is that hair on your top lip. Well, I suppose those glasses are better than your previous ones.” That would be like the nicest compliment ever.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.