Charity Majors @mipsytipsy CTO @honeycombio, ex-Parse, Facebook, Linden Lab; cowrote Database Reliability Engineering; loves whiskey, rainbows. I test in production and so do you. 🌈🖤 Aug. 16, 2019 1 min read

Engineering orgs have two stake holders to satisfy: you want happy customers, who pay the bills, and happy engineers, who should be freed from too much toil and tech debt. @lizthegrey talking us thru the o11y maturity model

Observability is critical to high performing teams over the entire software development life cycle.

🐝 operational resilience
🐝 quality code
🐝 predictable releases
🐝 managing complexity and tech debt
🐝 user insights

(full model here  https://www.honeycomb.io/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Framework-for-an-Observability-Maturity-Model.pdf )

excited to see what the discussion groups for each subject area come up with 😍🐝

Side note, I heard @kelescopic refer to these as "reverse panels" and I am charmed by that idea. I always feel like panels are a waste of time; like, most people's advice isn't that interesting, or so vague as to be practically useless.

Nobody is gonna give real talk in public.

I have always said I would be way more interested in discussing the topic with five members of the audience drawn at random, than listening to a panel of self-styled experts. And that's effectively what this is!

You can follow @mipsytipsy.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.