Thank you for @camanpour @cnni. We talked about sit-ins at Airport that shut down the transport hub, meet with diplomat, Carrie Lam’s accusation that protests affected economy, widely distributed photos from China of armed police massing up in the boarder. https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/08/12/joshua-wong-hong-kong-protests-democracy-china-crackdown-aman.cnn …
1. In David vs Goliath battle, we never give up& step backward. Just how people gather today at Airport with the slogan to support #HKHumanRightsanddemocracyActs, we hope to continue our fight and seek allies around the world to support us. We will not be threatened by Beijing.
2. I am not sure whether Beijing will send PLA to HK. We’re strongly aware that send troops will result in crackdown of econ development, even tycoons strongly urge Xi not to do it. That’s why police continue to upgrade weapons even using life-threatening ways to suppress HKers.
3. HK has already transformed to be a police state and riot police attempt to murder ordinary citizens. When we were fired with tear gas & rubber bullets purchased and produced by US, it’s really reasonable to have a meeting with US diplomats and to explain the concern of HKers.
4. It’s necessary to brief diplomats know about what’s happening in HK. Sharing our point of view to politicians from different countries is really common & reasonable. We need to let international communities know how we are passionate & determined to fight for free-election.
5. We urge the US Gov – take the reference from what has been announced by the UK, stop the export license of crowd control weapon to HK. Never should US sold any bullets or tear gas to HK riot police, and they should not be part of the supporters of police brutality in HK.
You can follow @joshuawongcf.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.