[ THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM ]
1. Both @realDonaldTrump and @mike_pence have just spoken out with grave concern over situation in HK.
2. We face extreme uncertainty over whether the army will intervene. How should HKers react if we wake up and see tanks rumbling along Central?
3. 1.7 million HKers who took to the streets has shown #EmperorXi that our democracy movement is far from over.
4. As Xi looks forward to the 70th anniversary of the PRC’s founding, he has good reasons to authorize a swift crackdown on HK despite the economic risk.
5. The @WhiteHouse must put HK’s human rights front and center in this new round of trade talks with Chinese representatives.
6. Hong Kong is on the brink of bloodshed. God bless Hong Kong.
You can follow @joshuawongcf.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.