Steve Bullock @GuitarMoog Immigrant, Musician, Sound Engineer, SNP, ex-negotiator for UK in EU, wirer of pedalboards, stringer of guitars. Supporter of @FinalSayForAll. @Rally4OurRights Aug. 20, 2019 1 min read

If I were a Leave voter, I'd be utterly outraged that those that told me it would be great now claim that I knew that I was voting for No Deal.

I can believe that some were prepared to endure hardship for Brexit, but I don't believe a single Leave voter voted for people to die.

You can claim it's scaremongering all you want, but if people die, "I knew what I was voting for" does indeed mean that you were voting for sick people to die due to shortages of medicines (which I don't believe anyone was).

And you can try to blame the EU for it, but then, if you knew what you were voting for, you knew what their reaction would be all along as well.

So you'll need to decide now, and be sure about it, because those that drove the leave campaign are using your vote as justification, and they'll be putting the blame for any deaths on you, not on themselves.

"After all," they'll say, with an earnest looking frown and appropriate fake concern, "it is tragic that there's been loss of life [that your mum, your friend, your colleague or you nephew is dead] - truly tragic - but people knew what they were voting for."

"We were just obeying the will of the people. We were just obeying their orders. The people are to blame for the dead, not us."

Will you really let them use you like that, or will you try to stop them?

You can follow @GuitarMoog.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.