Adam Singer @AdamSinger Grew @GoogleAnalytics into most popular analytics product globally. Prev advised: $SPLK $MKTO @Eloqua @PRSA @Cision. 🎶 composer. 🐕 @dashthedingo. Investor. Aug. 24, 2019 1 min read

Don't measure or compare your brand vs competitors.
Don't do same with yourself vs where other humans are / what they've achieved.
Both cases it invariably leads to FOMO, resentment, other unproductive states. You'll become reactive.
Compare against where *you* were yesterday.

Was reading someone in my feed who was commenting on changes big companies were making on advertising/what small startups should do from this. Nothing. No one should change strategy based on what P&G does (except clueless CMOs). Your own analytics are your guiding light.

Personally never compare yourself to others. Is such a bad path. I'm guilty of this and for years felt inadequate being in SV because I hadn't started a billion $ co, just helped others get there. It 'felt like' everyone else was doing this so I had to. Which isn't true at all.

Not everyone has to be a founder or employee #5 somewhere. Esp in the type of work a lot of us do or our personalities are aligned with. Advice I'd give younger self is just keep being better at your craft, work on projects and companies you believe in and you've already won.

You can follow @AdamSinger.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.