CE Carrie Lam is considering to execute "Emergency Regulations Ordinance", which is martial law without PLA. According to https://www.elegislation.gov.hk/hk/cap241!en-zh-Hant-HK?INDEX_CS=N&xpid=ID_1438402882378_001 …, here is the power authorize to Cheif Executive of HK:
1. censorship, and the control and suppression of publications, writings, maps, plans, photographs, communications and means of communication;
2. arrest, detention, exclusion and deportation;
3. control of the harbours, ports and waters of HK, and the movements of vessels;
4. transportation by land, air or water, and the control of the transport of persons and things;
5. trading, exportation, importation, production and manufacture;
6. appropriation, control, forfeiture and disposition of property, and of the use thereof;
7. amending any enactment, suspending the operation of any enactment and applying any enactment with or without modification;
8. authorizing the entry and search of premises;
9. empowering such authorities or persons as may be specified in the regulations to make orders and rules and to make or issue notices, licences, permits, certificates or other documents for the purposes of the regulations
10. charging, in respect of the grant or issue of any licence, permit, certificate or other document for the purposes of the regulations, such fees as may be prescribed by the regulations;
11. the taking of possession or control on behalf of the Chief Executive of any property or undertaking;
12. requiring persons to do work or render services;
13. payment of compensation and remuneration to persons affected by the regulations and the determination of such compensation; and
14. the apprehension, trial and punishment of persons offending against the regulations or against any law in force in Hong Kong
You can follow @joshuawongcf.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.