Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (U.C. Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio here: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded Aug. 28, 2019 1 min read

Wait, what?

Trump's loans have Russian co-signers?

Oh, my.

Please excuse me while I faint.

If true, someone in Russia owns Trump.

I wonder who.

Yes, I remain cautious.
Being lawyerly, I qualified with "If true . . ."

If true, it's a shame the word "bombshell" has been so overused.

I guess I can repost my thread about "What's Collusion Got To Do with It?'

Of course, it isn't like we didn't know.

But knowing, and having hard evidence, are different.

If something like this comes from the House Dem's subpoena, will anyone give them credit?
Or will people still say "The Democrats refuse to do anything?"

If this latest is true, it's outside Mueller's scope.

Mueller's mandate is here:  https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download 

"Go all the way back through Trump's history for motives" would too open-ended.

A search that open-ended violates the 4th Amendment.

Yes, it's the long game.
Impeaching over the summer = not uncovering all the evidence.

The Senate would have justified not removing. The end. You can't keep impeaching each time you find something new.

Something like this puts the GOP on the spot.

Yes.
Mueller Report, Vol. II, p. 1 mentions "constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct" for why he stopped.

He handed the matter over to Congress. This latest comes from Congressional investigations.

It's all unfolding as it should.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.