Nikita S @singareddynm investor @rre ventures (seed, A, B) 👩🏾‍💻 keeping tech weird on spaceship earth, serial experimenter 🤖 ex @oscarhealth @thegovlab stats @columbia Aug. 28, 2019 1 min read

Weird to think what could have been.

In Mar 2017, I received an offer to join the self-driving trucking team at Uber that emerged from the Otto acquisition. I brought up the Levandowski case and asked if the potential malfeasance would affect my role...
 https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2019-08-27/ex-google-engineer-anthony-levandowski-is-charged-with-trade-secrets-theft 

I was told no and accepted the offer, but then heard little from the team other than to sit tight. As an almost grad, the lack of communication freaked me. I had no idea what was going on, or if I would have a job in Sept. I ended up going into consulting instead (RIP).

It was a sour taste of SV culture + how short-sighted actions of people in power affect hires/employees. Imagine being a parent on that team..

Made me appreciative of compassionate founders who are above the fray in their actions/behavior. Play hardball but don’t break the law.

You can follow @singareddynm.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.