Nikita S @singareddynm investor @rre ventures (seed, A, B) 👩🏾‍💻 interviewing women in vc @ negotiatingtheterms.com/ 🤖 formerly data/ops @oscarhealth, @thingtesting 🇦🇺 aussie-born Aug. 28, 2019 1 min read

Weird to think what could have been.

In Mar 2017, I received an offer to join the self-driving trucking team at Uber that emerged from the Otto acquisition. I brought up the Levandowski case and asked if the potential malfeasance would affect my role...
 https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2019-08-27/ex-google-engineer-anthony-levandowski-is-charged-with-trade-secrets-theft 

I was told no and accepted the offer, but then heard little from the team other than to sit tight. As an almost grad, the lack of communication freaked me. I had no idea what was going on, or if I would have a job in Sept. I ended up going into consulting instead (RIP).

It was a sour taste of SV culture + how short-sighted actions of people in power affect hires/employees. Imagine being a parent on that team..

Made me appreciative of compassionate founders who are above the fray in their actions/behavior. Play hardball but don’t break the law.

You can follow @singareddynm.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.