A.R. Moxon @JuliusGoat Long past the age of maturity Author of THE REVISIONARIES Order: tinyurl.com/vdeohor Newsletter: tinyletter.com/ARMoxon He/him. Repped by @samroebuck Aug. 28, 2019 1 min read

GREEN BOOK is, in my opinion, pretty bad. ⭐️⭐️

Won’t relitigate what’s already been said, but the fact that this movie script won an Oscar is astonishing and not in a good way.

The leads are very likable actors and the movie sure is lucky for that.

It does what it can do with an unfortunate frame, but when you choose a bad frame you’re never going to be able to get your picture out of it.

Dr. Don Shirley is fascinating. Reducing him to the facile racism redemption arc for the screen reader’s real life dad is ... a choice.

Anyway it’s got handsome period detail and the actors are very good so I was never bored and also I didn’t like it very much

You can follow @JuliusGoat.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.