Joshua Wong 黃之鋒😷 @joshuawongcf Activist from Hong Kong. Secretary General of @demosisto. Email: [email protected] Donation: www.demosisto.hk/donation?lang=en Aug. 30, 2019 1 min read

Dear friends, I’m back.

1. Two months after I got released from prison, I’m arrested again. Even though it’s a heavy cross to bear, I expected that I would be arrested and prosecuted in this movement again.

2. Compared with the hardships of our companions, some of them may got beaten up by the police, may got sexually assaulted, may got shot in eye, everything I’m facing is really insignificant.

Hongkonger, together we stand! We shall never surrender!

3. I was arrested and prosecuted this morning in route to my community work outside South Horizons MTR Station. I am accused of inciting, organizing and participating unauthorized assembly on 21 June, protest outside Police HQ in Wanchai.

4. @chowtingagnes is arrested at home this morning. She is accused of inciting and participating in unauthorized assembly. Both of us were detained in Police HQ and we are not certain when they are released.

5. We are furious about large-scale arrest on the day before 31 August. It is completely ridiculous that the police target specific prominent figures of social movement in the past and framing them as the leaders of the anti-extradition bill protests.

6. The 12-week long protests is prestiged as leaderless yet We once again reiterate that Demosisto has never taken up any leading role during the movement. White terror is a lame and old-fashioned tactic deployed by the police to please BJ.

7. It is completely ridiculous that the police target specific prominent figures of social movement in the past and framing them as the leaders of the anti-extradition bill protests.

You can follow @joshuawongcf.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.