Writing well is a way of life.
You can’t just sit down at your keyboard and expect to write great sentences.
To write well, you have to live a rich life away from the computer.
That’s the hard part.
Live first. Write second.
My core beliefs about writing:
1. To write well, you should spend more time living and less time looking at a computer screen.
2. But when you sit down to write, you have to be 100% focused.
3. Publish frequently. Read the greats and listen to feedback to improve your writing.
Two more from @JamesClear:
4. "It is the author’s responsibility to find readers, not the reader’s responsibility to find the author."
5. "If you wish you would take something more seriously, do it publicly. Social pressure forces you to up your game.”
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.