Steve Bullock @GuitarMoog Immigrant, Musician, Sound Engineer, SNP, ex-negotiator for UK in EU, wirer of pedalboards, stringer of guitars. Supporter of @FinalSayForAll. @Rally4OurRights Sep. 03, 2019 1 min read

It's this that's hardest to understand for me. That in this appalling, undeniable, shit-show of a once-respected country going down the pan, the people most responsible for it can wake up each morning and think "You know what this country needs right now? Me. Lots more of me."

On many mornings I'm not even sure I'm the right person for the job of getting out of bed. Sometimes, frankly, I conclude that I'm not.

Yet day after day, they go home to their families, partners or spouses and tell them that they have had an excellent day lying to people, destroying a former global power, and risking people's lives and livelihoods, sleep well, then get up to do it again.

The people who took a dump on the carpet yesterday, and every day for the last few years, get up every morning utterly convinced of the need to spend the day taking dumps on the carpet, even as the foetid stench engulfs them.

You can follow @GuitarMoog.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.