Sloth Mom @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Profile pic by @Skutchdraws and banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion Sep. 05, 2019 1 min read

I'm sincerely glad this article was published, because quite frankly, speaking out on these issues was burning me out and seriously detrimental to my mental health. The more people are talking about the links between the "gender critical" movement and the far right, the better.

For a while there, over the past 2 or 3 years, it felt like I was alone and shouting into the void that this was happening, that the religious right were coopting and presenting themselves as "feminist" in order to pursue an anti-LGBT, anti-woman agenda.

It felt like if I didn't talk about these issues, nobody else would. And that's something I had never set out to do. Engaging at all with that kind of hate takes a toll. It's a burden. And I can only be glad that more people are sharing that burden.

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.