Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (U.C. Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio here: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded Sep. 05, 2019 1 min read

One of the most enlightening books I've ever read (and I highly recommend it to everyone) is Simple Justice by Richard Kluger. (Image in next tweet.)

It purports to be a history of Brown v. Board of Education, but it's a history of African Americans.

I came away with this . . .

Take away from Simple Justice: We started fighting the Civil War when the Constitution was being drafted, and we were still fighting it when Brown v. Board (the Supreme Court case that desegregated schools) was decided.

Now we're still riding the backlash from Brown v. Board.

Michael was commenting on my Reactionaries v. Conservatives thread ⤵️

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.