Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Sep. 06, 2019 1 min read

"Companies are borrowing $74B in the U.S. investment-grade bond market this week, the most for any comparable period since records began in 1972."  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-05/with-49-deals-in-30-hours-u-s-corporate-bond-market-ignites?srnd=premium 

"The time to take the tarts is when they’re being passed. When the money is available, take it.”

"When the hors d’oeuvres are passing, take two.”

Eugene Kleiner (in another context, but still...)

"The decision to increase or decrease leverage depends on market conditions and investors’ receptivity to debt. The period from the late-1970s to the mid-1980s generally favored debt financing. The late ’80s, [were a time] to deleverage.” Michael Milken

25iQuiz: Who said this:

"The right time for a company to finance its growth isn't when it needs capital, but rather when the market is most receptive to providing capital.”

Clue: this person also said this:

"One of the best ways to make money is not to lose money.”

“I remember when Venezuela had 32% unemployment among young workers. Yet it was rated AAA. That’s not a triple-A country.”

I was once in a meeting with Craig McCaw with another billionaire tycoon. The person whose name you must guess in this 25iQuiz stuck his toupee-less head inside the conference room and said: "Whoops, wrong meeting room." The visiting billionaire said: "What are you up to Craig?"

Let's say I predict a 25% chance of recession in 2019 and through 2020.

If I'm right I'm a genius. If I'm wrong, I told you it might not happen. Safe answer.

"You get full points for telling me things before they happen, not afterward.” Michael Milken (also the 25iquiz answer)

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.