Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (U.C. Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio here: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded Sep. 07, 2019 1 min read

(Thread) Roundup

In case you missed them, I wrote 4 threads this week.

# 1 Ted Cruz, the Bible, the NRA, and Russia

# 2 Trump’s NDAs are probably enforcable—but they tell us a lot about him.

(I wrote “probably not” instead of “not” from an abundance of caution, since I haven’t seen that particular NDA. "Not enforceable" would have been accurate, I'm sure.)

# 3: This one is about an underused word: “reactionaries”

In the first few tweets, I didn’t spend much time on liberals v. conservatives, but I attached an excellent Ted Talk if you want more on that.

#4: And yesterday’s thread: thread: Governing by Crisis and Spectacle:

I found it interesting that Brad Pascale made fun of everyone’s outrage.

There is much discussion: Is Trump senile? Crazy?

Maybe, just maybe . . .

. . . he's a really good actor.

First he played the part of a successful businessman.

He literally played one on T.V. Think how convincing he was in that made-up role. People still think he's a self-made wealthy man.

If you compare Trump to a president like Obama . . .

. . . Trump does everything wrong.

But if his objective is to destroy institutions and lead us into a post-truth world, you have to admit he's doing a stellar job.

(Good summary, Edward.)

Fortunately, there is an antidote . . .

. . . As Trump batters institutions and tries to undermine the liberal world order, we work to strengthen those institutions👇

I practice what I preach. This morning I'm doing work for the director of voter protection in Georgia.

What are you doing?
 https://terikanefield-blog.com/things-to-do/ 

I stand corrected.

I apologize to actors everywhere. I should have used the word con artist.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.