1. NEWS: @FlyNYON, a company that offers helicopter rides to untrained people who to take Instagram photos of their feet dangling over NYC, is now allowing people to do the same with dogs
Now, @SenSchumer/@SenatorMenendez are demanding that the FAA put an end to the practice
2. Senator Schumer’s office was able to book a helicopter flight for today with @FlyNYON using the booking code for dogs ‘Paws50’.
I’m told they won’t actually take the flight, but wanted to see if it was still possible.
3. Here’s the letter that @SenSchumer and @SenatorMenendez have sent to the FAA Administrator. The two Senators will share more details about the push to get the FAA to put an end to this dangerous practice at a presser today
@HumaneSociety is supporting their efforts I’m told.
4. Here's a video @FlyNYON posts on its own YouTube channel promoting its so called 'Pilots n Paws' service where you can bring your dog on a helicopter, strap them in a harness, and essentially dangle your feet and your dog over NYC for Instagram photos
5. @FlyNYON has a history of exploitation. Just look what they’re doing for the anniversary of 9/11 and how they’re marketing the rides.
6. @FlyNYON is now deleting negative comments on its Instagram posts.
7. NEWS: After facing significant pressure over the past 24 hours from @SenSchumer and others, @FlyNYON plans to announce that they will no longer allow dogs to fly in dangerous off-door flights, per a source familiar with their plans.
You can follow @yashar.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.