Natalia Antonova 🐈🔔 @NataliaAntonova Writer. Biocentric universe stan. Embracing Tolstoy’s oak. @waraxandnatasha co-host. @bellingcat editor. Bylines: @guardian, @washingtonpost, @voxdotcom Sep. 08, 2019 1 min read

An aggressive old man wearing a gun tried to sexually harass me last night.

I was lucky that @iAmTheWarax was there to immediately defend me & put the fear of God in him.

I’m not going to say some “men are cancelled” bullshit now.

Just — let’s all raise our kids to be better.

Not all of us are capable of putting an old pervert packing heat in his place.

Seriously, thank the universe for @iAmTheWarax.

But I’m just so tired. What if I’d been out alone? This stuff is terrifying/dehumanizing.

Putting an end to it is always going to be a team effort.

Treating women worse than animals — you don’t get in an animal’s face & bray about “tiddies” — doesn’t make you cool or tough

It certainly won’t bring back your youth

I don’t think there’s hope for that guy. Frankly, he should die alone

Still some hope for most of us, surely.

So dudes, if you see this shit happening — say something, do something.

You don’t have to be all tough. Not everyone is. I’m not. You can just call the cops.

Just please don’t normalize or excuse it, because it’s beyond sick. I still feel disgusting today. No one deserves this.

You can follow @NataliaAntonova.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.