Joshua Wong 黃之鋒😷 @joshuawongcf Activist from Hong Kong. Secretary General of @demosisto. Email: [email protected] Donation: www.demosisto.hk/donation?lang=en Sep. 09, 2019 1 min read

UPHILL BATTLES AHEAD
1/ Somewhat absurd encounter in the past 24hrs - arrested in Airport and detained overnight. Police said I violated bail conditions and had a high risk of flight (?!). The overnight detention is wholly unacceptable and unreasonable ...

2/ as it deprived of my basic freedom to movement, upon groundless speculation.

As regards my trip to Berlin, apart from speaking at Humboldt University & an event in Bundestag organised by @BILD , I'm meeting with officials and MPs across the political spectrum.

3/ Not only calling for their support of HK democracy, I'd also appeal to friends in Germany:

- Stalling trade negotiations with China and HK until the human rights issue is put on the agenda;
- Suspending the sale and export of riot weapons to Hong Kong Police;

4/ - Examining the possibility of Germany’s version of HK Human Rights and Democracy Act;
- Reviewing current arrangements for visa, migration and political asylum to provide support to HKers in Germany.

5/ Leaving with bated breath, I also realise things grow tougher under ongoing political prosecution. The city is rife with White Terror, citywide prosecution, and now even unreasonable bans on departure. Challenges pile up for HK’s freedom fighters to call for int'l support.

6/ As I finally embark on my journey to Berlin, I wish to thank my colleagues who have worked through the night to provide all necessary support since my arrest.

7/ “Joshua Wong” is more than just one bespectacled person, but the entire team effort who all strike for better support from the international community for HK.

8/ Someone has dropped me this note before boarding and I would keep it in my mind, word by word: Reclaim Hong Kong, Revolution of our times!

You can follow @joshuawongcf.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.