Seth Abramson @SethAbramson @Newsweek columnist. Analyses @BBC. NYT bestselling author of Proof of Conspiracy (bit.ly/2kP6FkZ). Next: Citizen Journalist (Macmillan). Professor. Attorney. Sep. 10, 2019 1 min read

As NC votes in an election Trump is obsessed with, and he simultaneously tweets about helping NC post-hurricane, my note that Trump may have positioned AL as a Dorian victim partly to raise his profile as a leader in advance of the 2020 AL Senate election looks better and better

1/ Remember, Trump doesn't care about loss of life. As Dorian was bearing down on America, his only interest was in *complimenting the hurricane for being spectacular*—thinking he'd soak up some sort of creepy reflected luster from that. So the AL nonsense looks partly political.

2/ If you don't think Trump would pretend to be interested in Alabama being in the path of a hurricane when he knew it wasn't partly to position himself better politically for a critical 2020 Senate race, I don't know what presidency you've been watching. The man's a *sociopath*.

3/ Last point I'll make about this: Trump is *obsessed* with the 2020 AL Senate race. He's livid that Republicans lost the seat, and livid that the seat they lost came open because of his *own nomination of Jeff Sessions as Attorney General*. Doug Jones is on his mind constantly.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.