Eric Garland @ericgarland Strategic intelligence analyst. Want to learn more about Trump-Russia? Check out Game Theory Today. www.ericgarland.co/game-theory-today-twitter/ Sep. 12, 2019 1 min read

Dear Sen. Graham,

If you are talking to spies and don't know it, you're glad the US Gov't is listening. Because they're spies.

If you're conspiring with them - that's on you.

That's what governments do: they try to, y'know, figure out if elected officials are being targeted by spies. Should be comforting.

Unless you're partnered with spies. Which. Looks bad.

So, who cares if there were 2000 intercepts or 2000 targets collected alongside the spies we caught. They're masked by law.

Unless...you know, they're traitors and actively colluding or we really need to know. Then they get unmasked. Through legal means.

So, if for JUST AN EXAMPLE, there's a global conspiracy around acquiring US nuclear technology and materials, and you get caught conspiring YOU KNOW JUST FOR AN EXAMPLE on FISA or Title III intercepts in that conspiracy

well, who cares? That sounds really bad.

And, to sum up, @LindseyGrahamSC, that's why personally I'm glad not to worry about, for example, any huge stockpiles of plutonium in my state that I'm making plans for. With spies.

You know, or something like that. Whew!

You can follow @ericgarland.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.