Seth Abramson @SethAbramson @Newsweek columnist. Analyses @BBC. NYT bestselling author of Proof of Conspiracy (bit.ly/2kP6FkZ). Next: Citizen Journalist (Macmillan). Professor. Attorney. Sep. 13, 2019 1 min read

Each debate there's a battle between the moderators and the Democratic moderates to see who can more cynically scare people about "losing their healthcare"

HEALTHCARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT, PERIOD

My point is that changing our healthcare system, which is something we desperately need to do, requires changing who gets billed when someone is sick and that has nothing to do with anyone "losing your healthcare" and everyone on that stage knows it

I respect those like Beto or Biden or Klobuchar who want to proceed more incrementally on healthcare but I do *not* like when they use dishonest rhetoric (directly or by implication) to make people think they're going to "lose their healthcare" if we move to Medicare-for-all

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.