Stephen Wolf+ Your Authors @PoliticsWolf @DKElections staff writer covering voting rights, gerrymandering, maps, & poli sci. Get the Voting Rights Roundup weekly newsletter dkel.ec/votingr Sep. 15, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

NEW: Here's my completed draft of how I'd redraw North Carolina's state House districts to fix the GOP's illegal gerrymandering. You can also find an interactive version & further data analysis of the map on @PlanScore at the link. #NCpol #NCGA  https://planscore.org/plan.html?20190915T212804.390528427Z 

Cc: @EJSbrocco @EveryVoiceNC @lekhashupeck

NEW: Here's my completed draft of how I'd redraw North Carolina's state Senate districts to fix the GOP's illegal gerrymandering. You can also find an interactive version and further data analysis of the map on @PlanScore at the link. #NCpol #NCGA  https://planscore.org/plan.html?20190916T002826.249691442Z 

Here's how I think the North Carolina state House map proposal from my earlier tweet would have turned out in 2018. Democrats either force a 60-60 tie or they win up to a 65-55 majority. The GOP's gerrymander by contrast resulted in a 65-55 GOP majority. #NCpol #NCGA

And here's how I think the North Carolina state Senate district proposal from my earlier tweet would have turned out in 2018. Democrats would have come one seat shy of a 25-25 tie (the Republican lieutenant governor would break ties) & two seats shy of a majority #NCpol #NCGA

You can follow @PoliticsWolf.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader