The lamentable fate of Mike Stuchbery 🎃🍷 @MikeStuchbery_ (Freelance) Journalist, Historian, Teacher & Tour Guide ★ 🇦🇺 in 🇩🇪 ★ Contributing Editor at @BylineTimes ★ History at @TheLocalEurope ★ Resolutely ↙️↙️↙️ Sep. 16, 2019 1 min read

Bit of criticism before for asking/suggesting for tips before, mostly from the pro-Tommy crowd, but some from elsewhere.

Well, I've got a couple of things to say in response...

First, I like to think I make some mildly enjoyable content, and have spent a significant amount of time on the stuff I've written and posted over the years -

I don't think it's unreasonable to accept small tips, if folks enjoy it. It's certainly not 'begging'.

Second, you are under no obligation to tip! It's entirely your choice! You can even tell me to '@#£& off', if you're feeling cheeky!

There's no expectation, and I've got a wide range of gigs going on trying to make a living.

Third, I've had an utter shit of a year, and the years immediately preceding that weren't great either.

Illness, both physical and mental have been exacerbated by harassment campaigns.

I've wanted to work, but it's been made very hard. So I've started again here.

Finally, if me asking for a tip pisses you off, mute, block & move on - life's too short to get wound up by some wanker wearing sunnies and a bandana in his userpic!

Have a great week, & I'll catch you later with really horrid tales of the past, 'cos I'm really feeling them now.

You can follow @MikeStuchbery_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.