Seth Abramson @SethAbramson @Newsweek columnist. Analyses @BBC. NYT bestselling author of Proof of Conspiracy (bit.ly/2kP6FkZ). Next: Citizen Journalist (Macmillan). Professor. Attorney. Sep. 16, 2019 1 min read

WHO: You
WHERE: White House Rose Garden
WHEN: November 29, 2018
WHAT: "I was running my business while I was campaigning. There was a good chance that I wouldn’t have won, in which case I would have gotten back into the business. And why should I lose lots of opportunities?"

1/ Trump already told America that while he was running for president he had no intention of losing any money at all. He said so publicly right outside the White House. Now he's telling America he always knew he'd lose more than his whole net worth by getting into politics. Nope.

2/ That's why, when the Kremlin came to him in fall of 2015 to bribe him for a more favorable foreign policy by offering him the largest real estate deal of his professional career, he not only said yes and worked on it for months, but lied to American voters about it repeatedly.

3/ So now he's telling America that while he was secretly working to make billions of dollars in new revenue by working with the Kremlin during the presidential campaign he was actually completely resigned to *losing* billions of dollars. This villain is demented and sociopathic.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.