Matthew Ball @ballmatthew Venture investor, strategist, essayist, that guy on Twitter. Prev. Head of Strategy @AmazonStudios, ex-Otter Media, @MediaREDEF. 🇨🇦 Sep. 17, 2019 1 min read

Ooph. @DylanByers pulling out a very specific two-year old Richard Plepler quote on HBO RE: Big Bang Theory

(via  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/it-s-tv-how-t-reshaping-hbo-help-big-bang-n1055601 )

I had a middle POV. I don't think Old HBO wanted any licensed content they didn't make, whereas HBO Max wants any content audiences will like and watch.

I think there was a highly curated solution - only the very very best, like "West Wing", "Friends" or even "Gilmore Girls"

All three of those titles, by the way, are WarnerMedia titles. Two considered GOATs by audiences and the Emmys. Two of the three creators went to HBO after, the third then created Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (❤️)

And HBO takes a similar approach to its licensed movies - curation.

You can follow @ballmatthew.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.