Charity Majors @mipsytipsy CTO @honeycombio, ex-Parse, Facebook, Linden Lab; cowrote Database Reliability Engineering; loves whiskey, rainbows. I test in production and so do you. 🌈🖤 Sep. 19, 2019 1 min read

If you're ever tempted to start a "top women in X" list, for the love of God please stop and consider putting them on your "top in X" list. Fuck this pink ghetto trash.

I am sure people mean well, but this is not a compliment, it is condescension.

Relegating stories about women leaders and founders to special issues and the Style pages is not helpful.

Do you know how many journalists have wanted to write about honeycomb for the past three years?

Yeah, lots, which would be GREAT if they wanted to write about how we are shaking up multiple established industries instead of the freak show oddity of Two Female Founders.

I flatly refused. Every time.

It's just gross. And not only that, it is *tired*. I've read this story a thousand times. Everyone has. Do better.

You can follow @mipsytipsy.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.