DHH @dhh Creator of Ruby on Rails, Founder & CTO at Basecamp, NYT best-selling author, and Le Mans 24h class-winning racing driver. Sep. 19, 2019 1 min read

I ran out of free articles on @wired, and instead of just reaching instinctively for incognito mode or whatever other hack, I decided to check the price and was shocked to find it's only $5 for 6 months of access! And I could pay with Apple Pay. Sold!

As much as I'm not thrilled about Apple also controlling payments, I gotta say that it's made it so much easier to buy stuff both physical and virtual from stores and vendors without having to signup for an account. No ease-of-use penalty from routing around Amazon any more.

And as far as @wired goes, it's great to see them find some of that mojo they lost for a while. I used to read the print version religiously up through the 90s and early 00s. Feels like they're finally getting the grove back online.

You can follow @dhh.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.