Seamus Blackley
+ Your AuthorsArchive @SeamusBlackley they say 'you're the father of the xbox!' so i say 'if it moves back in, it’s paying rent.' | physicist | 👊🏿👊🏽👊🏻| photons | amateur gastroegyptologist Sep. 21, 2019 1 min read

I’m milling Emmer (bdt) flour, and I’m thinking of my old old friend, the baker in Giza, 4500 years ago. I’m trying to learn from you, my friend. Your voice will never be silent.

I’m using your starter, my friend, and I hope you don’t mind. I know you worked hard on it. I promise to keep it safe, and unchanged, and proper in every way I know. Ma’at. May you have life, forever, like R3.

And in case this is confusing and and odd to you, it comes from this:

Here’s the result, and Old Kingdom style conical loaf, as shown in Old Kingdom Art. #SourdoughSunday #FlourReport #AncientBaking

A couple more. I feel nearly ready to move to the next step- baking these in sand pits using embers, like a genuine Old Kingdom baker. One step at a time. I’m sure we will learn yet more as we try to master this new process. And I will once more be humbled. 😂

You can follow @SeamusBlackley.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader