DHH @dhh Creator of Ruby on Rails, Founder & CTO at Basecamp, NYT best-selling author, and Le Mans 24h class-winning racing driver. Sep. 21, 2019 1 min read

I can vouch for the mess that was Justice Together. I donated a sizable amount, was promised accounting and receipts, and ended up with nothing but first excuses and then silence. Left a very sour taste in my mouth. Would not donate to a SK effort again.  https://medium.com/@deray/on-shaun-king-351bd812318c 

Actually, "mess" implies "oh that's just what happens". Given the presentation of facts and patterns by @deray, that's likely to be far too generous of a description.

Further context: This donation came as I was on the "board" of Justice Together for a brief while in 2015. Although labeling the email threads I participated in a "board" would be a misuse of that word. We had no real insight into the workings of the organization.

You can follow @dhh.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.