Seth Abramson @SethAbramson @Newsweek columnist. Analyses @BBC. NYT bestselling author of Proof of Conspiracy (bit.ly/2kP6FkZ). Next: Citizen Journalist (Macmillan). Professor. Attorney. Sep. 23, 2019 1 min read

I'm trying to state this in an unbiased and journalistic way: the simple fact is that when I attended the New Hampshire Democratic Convention there was only one candidate whose presence and presentation virtually screamed this is the Democratic nominee and it was Elizabeth Warren

1/ And keep in mind I've repeatedly said—and fervently believe—this is a historically talented and impressive Democratic presidential field. So that statement isn't intended as a knock on any of the other amazing candidates, many of whom I think could be VP or cabinet selections.

2/ For those who ask if she can beat Trump, my answer is that in 2016 Democrats ran maybe the most unpopular candidate with independents they'd ever run, she was under federal investigation, Comey swung the election by reopening the probe, and she *still* beat Trump by 3+ million

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.