Jim Pickard @PickardJE Chief Political Correspondent, Financial Times Sep. 24, 2019 1 min read

I know everyone's attention is elsewhere but Labour conference has just voted for zero-carbon 2030 target, one of the most radical polices by a mainstream political party in my lifetime

John Sauven of Greenpeace:

“Net zero by 2030 will be extremely difficult...if it can be done it should be and if it can’t then missing the target by a few years or even a decade is still a far better outcome than hitting the government’s 2050 target, which is dangerously late.”

CBI Spokesperson said:

“Business is completely behind the transition to a net-zero economy by 2050, but there is no credible pathway to achieving it by 2030. Business wants to work with politicians on a climate policy that is ambitious but rooted in reality."

Here’s our @ft explainer on the 2030 zero carbon target by me and @NathalieThomas3

ringing endorsement from @AOC

You can follow @PickardJE.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.