Asha Rangappa @AshaRangappa_ Fmr FBI Special Agent, lawyer, faculty @JacksonYale. Tiger(ish) mom. @CNN analyst. Editor @just_security. Karaoke, golf, and Shakespeare aficionado. Views mine. Sep. 25, 2019 1 min read

AG Barr, according to WH transcript, was being enlisted to help Ukraine open a case on Trump’s political opponent.

He’s also now in charge of evaluating a criminal referral to DOJ on whether Trump’s behavior violated campaign finance laws.

Time for Special Counsel 2.0

Correction: ALREADY evaluated a criminal referral...

AT THE SAME TIME was providing the legal rationale to the ACTUNG DNI to justify withholding a WB complaint *in which he himself is referenced* from the reaching the eyes of Congress

I can’t even.

As I reminded viewers just now on CNN, Barr was VERY cagey when asked during a hearing earlier this year whether it would be illegal for a candidate to receive dirt on an opponent from a foreign gov.

If I recall, he hesitated, said “it depends,” and narrowed it to intel services

Would love to dig up clip and compare Barr’s answer in light of what we know now (and what he knew then)

You can follow @AshaRangappa_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.