Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports Reporter, @CourthouseNews: NYC+Int’l. RTs=What's it to ya? adam[at]adamklasfeld[dot]com PGP Fingerprint: F427 EE3B 6F05 E5D5 785B 775B 2C74 683C 219D 91DC Sep. 25, 2019 1 min read

Key highlight from Ukraine transcript appended to my colleague @BradKutner's story.🔽

Just going through the transcript now, as this morning's hearings in the tax-return fight wrapped up.

Developing story on that is up with an update on the way.

I'll share some observations on the transcript in a bit.

As some of my followers are (correctly) noting, it is a readout -- not a transcript.

The five-page document describes it as a "Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation" that lasted 30 minutes.

Context: Both the White House and PressSec call this a "full, unredacted transcript."

A notation on the first page has a note of "CAUTION" that it "not a verbatim transcript."

More on the substance later.

Beyond the Trump administration, one wonders about the fallout of this memo’s release in Ukraine.

After Trump discusses putting Giuliani and Barr on a call with him, Zelensky’s quoted as calling the next prosecutor general “100% my person.”

How do Ukrainians feel about that?

Now that Trump emoluments suit has been revived in SDNY, it’s easy to imagine this passage of the transcript appearing in legal briefs.

Zelensky’s NYC accommodations.

2nd Circ. talked of foreign officials seeking to “curry favor” at Trump properties.  https://www.courthousenews.com/second-circuit-revives-emoluments-lawsuit-against-trump 

You can follow @KlasfeldReports.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.