Seth Abramson @SethAbramson @Newsweek columnist. Analyses @BBC. NYT bestselling author of Proof of Conspiracy (bit.ly/2kP6FkZ). Next: Citizen Journalist (Macmillan). Professor. Attorney. Sep. 25, 2019 1 min read

It's odd how when America arrests a poor person you can't find anyone anywhere besides their public defender who cares about their denials of wrongdoing, but when Trump commits (and confesses to) multiple crimes and thereafter decides to deny it we all think there's content there

1/ A real easy fix for this would be for media to treat Trump's denials of wrongdoing the same way we treat such denials when it's a poor defendant rather than a rich one—which is to ignore them completely and just focus on the presumptive mountain of evidence stacked against him

PS/ Never in my career as a public defender did I represent a person as dishonest as Trump, and I say that advisedly

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.