Hans HODL
+ Your AuthorsArchive @hansthered Head of Quant Strategy @Ikigai_fund #Bitcoin Sep. 26, 2019 1 min read

Apparently some people are worried about Bitcoin? I don't know if I can help, but let's look at some data!

Here's a chart of the 365 daily moving average of the number of transactions on the Bitcoin network. Looks like we're at an all-time high...

Ok, let's check the hash rate. Maybe the miners quit mining or something? No, actually that's at an all-time high as well.

What about the inflation rate? Did we suddenly increase the supply? Hmm, right on schedule and falling in log scale over time as expected.

Maybe the price is the issue? No, that's increasing in log scale too...

Well, I guess we could look at the global banking system. Maybe the Fed finally got everything under control and there's no need for Bitcoin anymore? Gah! Wrong again....

Did the developers stop writing code? No, 114 Pull Requests merged in the last 30 days...

I don't know what to tell you guys, from a fundamental perspective Bitcoin looks great. I guess it's back to HODLing!

You can follow @hansthered.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader