Steve Bullock+ Your Authors @GuitarMoog New Album, One Thousand Days, out now exclusively through @EUCitizensChamp (link below). 100% of proceeds fo to @the3million. Sep. 26, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

“EU diplomats said the spectre of a fully uncooperative UK outside the EU was now being considered”

I know many thought those like me who worry that Brexit could make any cooperation hard and undermine western stability were just catastrophising.

Now it’s being taken seriously.

It’s now very easy to imagine a future UK where even simple cooperation with the EU is toxic, and painted in terms of betrayal & capitulation. A future UK where the toxicity of the blame myth of an EU stab in the back spills over into security cooperation.

So far, the EU rather than it’s individual member states have attracted most (not all) of the ire, abuse, insults and ill feeling, and that shields NATO and bilateral cooperation to some extent.

But the people spinning this myth and deliberately creating this toxic, spiteful political and social culture cannot control it, and are not particularly careful try to anyway.

We know the UK is heading somewhere very nasty if this project succeeds, but, for the first time in my life, I genuinely fear for a peaceful future in Europe if it is not stopped.

You can follow @GuitarMoog.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader