Eric Garland @ericgarland Strategic intelligence analyst. Want to learn more about Trump-Russia? Check out Game Theory Today. www.ericgarland.co/game-theory-today-twitter/ Sep. 26, 2019 15 min read

House Intel coming to order to hear from acting-DNI Maguire.  https://www.c-span.org/video/?464509-1/acting-director-national-intelligence-maguire-testifies-whistleblower-complaint&live 

SCHIFF: Trump has betrayed his oath of office and the Constitution and our national security for personal political gain. 🔥🔥🔥

SCHIFF: Trump sacrificed Ukraine - dependent on United States support, and its president - to obtain direct help attacking U.S. political rivals to Trump.

Calls it similar to an ORGANIZED CRIME SHAKEDOWN.

Schiff appears to have different and DAMNING quotes of Trump's language directly threatening Ukraine's president and telling him to work with Barr and Giuliani. 💣

SCHIFF: If the whistleblower system doesn't function, people might disclose classified information the wrong way.

Also, Mr. Maguire...why did you choose to go to Bill Barr, who's implicated in the complaint? 🔥

SCHIFF: Why did you stay silent while Trump attacked the whistleblower who showed more dedication to country than the president himself?

NUNES: Here is a bunch of absolute bullshit from 4Chan. I am so going to prison. MSM. Information warfare. How dare they point out crimes? Oh my God Portuguese intel owns my ass. Please God make it stop. Cabal of leakers. MSM. Crap from 8Chan. Collusion. Fake. Oh God.

NUNES: This official document from the US Intelligence Community is just like the Steele Dossier, which was funded by a few individuals.

They're hurting whistleblowers! Fake news. Oh God they know about Huawei and the Azores and the NATO Intel Fusion Centre thing. help me

NUNES: Democrats colluded with Russians, so Russia is a hoax, but not for Democrats, then it's real. Joe Biden is an extortionist oh god they know about the winery and the yachts and all that don't they

NUNES: Democrats tried to get nude pictures of Trump because THAT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE WHO WOULDN'T WANT THOSE AND NOT THEN BLEACH THEIR EYEBALLS

god how much longer can I do this

LET'S SOLVE PROBLEMS! IT'S A CHARADE! oh god

SCHIFF: Devin, thank you for that hot garbage, you traitor. Director Maguire? So...what's up?

MAGUIRE: Thanks for the extra week. I love HPSCI, you guys are great. I *love* Congressional oversight, too.

MAGUIRE: Did I mention I LOVE oversight? BIG OVERSIGHT FAN!

I am not partisan or political. I have served eight presidents and took the oath eleven times.

MAGUIRE: I have served the nation a lot. I like integrity, too. I guess there are some questions about my integrity, so I'm here today. I also like whistleblowers. (47 minutes of this, condensed version)

MAGUIRE: Big whistleblower fan. This whistleblower went to the IG. The Intel Community is important, saves lives.

We were worried about executive privilege, so didn't go to Congress, but White House counsel. Anyhow, now you have all the stuff, unredacted.

MAGUIRE: To qualify for whistleblower status, it has to be really, really bad. But in this case, it really didn't have anything to do with intelligence (?!) because POTUS isn't really in Intel, so we sought more advice...

MAGUIRE: We worked with the Inspector General, but hey, executive privilege (which involved a non-USG employee, Rudy Giuliani and the transcript of which got made TS+ classified.) This was tricky, so I followed the law on this unprecedented issue.

SCHIFF: Do you agree this complaint involves REALLY BAD STUFF FROM TRUMP?

MAGUIRE: I'm not here to judge!

SCHIFF: Stop bullshitting. Is this bad or not?

MAGUIRE: Yes, that's the question!

SCHIFF: Was it credible?

MAGUIRE: Yes, but was it urgent? That was the question.

SCHIFF: Stop bullshitting. You didn't give the goddamned complaint like you're supposed to by law.

MAGUIRE: sure. yes?

SCHIFF: Can we agree that screwing Ukraine's national security for Trump's Mobster shakedown was urgent?

MAGUIRE: Yes, but urgent is word, and we needed definitions.

SCHIFF: Yes, but so is SHALL, and you went to the White House instead.

MAGUIRE: Executive Privilege!

SCHIFF: Did they assert executive privilege.

MAGUIRE: They were thinking about it.

SCHIFF: So they didn't?

MAGUIRE: Well if they did, we'd have a problem that we'd have a privilege urgent thing.

SCHIFF: So you're supposed to go to Congress, but you went to the people that are the subject of the complaint itself?

MAGUIRE: I talked with people about things.

SCHIFF: Did you go to the f**king White House first?

MAGUIRE: We went to DOJ and they thought maybe Privilege.

SCHIFF: OK so you went to Barr first?

MAGUIRE: No, we went to the White House.

SCHIFF: Oh, THE SUBJECT OF THE F**KING COMPLAINT, YOU WENT TO THEM FIRST. Got it.

MAGUIRE: Well, the White House is important and big and white and we went.

SCHIFF: So you went to the White House on a complaint about White House treasonweasels?

MAGUIRE: We had to check!

SCHIFF: So you went to the DOJ even though Bill Barr is part of this crap?

MAGUIRE: We had to ask questions where there are legal things and information.

SCHIFF: Seriously, bro?

MAGUIRE: Hey, it was serious.

SCHIFF: So you went to DOJ and not us?

MAGUIRE: Because it wasn't urgent. Once POTUS released that stuff yesterday, then we could go forward.

SCHIFF: Is the whistleblower a political hack?

MAGUIRE: He works for the U.S. Government. POTUS isn't in the IC. It wasn't urgent.

SCHIFF: Why didn't you call out Trump for his name calling?

MAGUIRE: I sent a memo.

SCHIFF: Oh, Mmkay. OK, Devin, do your worst. You never fail to fail.

NUNES: YOU'RE IN THE DEM TRAP! Now, you don't know if this is even true?

MAGUIRE: The IG did the investigation. I just wondered about urgency and privilege.

NUNES: Have any other DNIs ever had to go public over a whistleblower?

MAGUIRE: This is unprecedented.

NUNES: So why are we doing it naked, in public? I'm not wearing pants.

MAGUIRE: Well, Trump isn't in the Intelligence Community, so it's special.

NUNES: So this was all orchestrated TO BE IN PUBLIC! The whistleblower didn't even want it leaked, which it wasn't!

NUNES: Then why did the media get this so wrong? Was it leaked?

MAGUIRE: Spooks don't talk! I don't know how the press got the story. Didn't come from us.

NUNES: TRUMP IS CONSTANTLY BEING LEAK BETRAYED!

(EG Note: Trump's likely the one front-facing this by leaking a biased version of events to shape the narrative.)

NUNES: Isn't the Deep State constantly spying on Trump!

MAGUIRE: Um.

NUNES: TRUMP CAN'T EVEN TALK TO FOREIGN LEADERS! AND THE DEEP STATE IS BEHIND IT!

Maguire: Um. People were on the call, which is normal.

NUNES: THE WHITE HOUSE DIDN'T LEAK!

MAGUIRE: Um, maybe a person in that building did. Not an intercept from us, dude.

NUNES: HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? IT'S SORCERY! WITCH CRAFT!

MAGUIRE: Trump released it himself, dude.

NUNES: WATCH OUT FOR CONGRESS, THEY ARE VIPERS!

HIMES: Without the ODNI's IG, we wouldn't have known about RUDY'S PRIVATE F**KING STATE DEPARTMENT. PS Nunes is a moron, you get that right? Anyhow, the IG did us a solid, right?

MAGUIRE: The whistleblower was good too.

HIMES: Did the White House tell you to cockblock us?

MAGUIRE: Nope.

HIMES: OK, who decided to defy a Congressional subpoena.

MAGUIRE: Nobody! Executive privilege did it! The White House has lots of issues! I wish it went faster. Executive privilege stole a week!

HIMES: Quit bullshitting. We hit you with a subpoena. Who decided to ignore it?

MAGUIRE: Nobody! I love you guys! We really tried!

HIMES: Did you talk with Trump about this?

MAGUIRE: I brief him on intel!

HIMES: Did you talk ABOUT THIS, BRO?

MAGUIRE: Privilege!

HIMES: Did the President assert that privilege?

MAGUIRE: No, I am!

CONAWAY: Lawyers suck. Do you have attorneys?

MAGUIRE: Yes.

CONAWAY: Didn't it only *appear* urgent? Not *is* urgent?

MAGUIRE: Um.

CONAWAY: Isn't the President your boss, so you didn't have to follow the statute, right?

MAGUIRE: We were just being prudent.

CONAWAY: Congress is so mean. Thank you.

SEWELL: Aren't whistleblowers going to be afraid to come forward after this? This one followed all the rules, and this shitshow emerged. Isn't that bad?

MAGUIRE: I support whistleblowers!

SEWELL: This is mess. Did you tell the whistleblower they could come to Congress? Also, why didn't you follow the damn statute?

MAGUIRE: I don't know the whistleblower, for one.

SEWELL: Do you mind if we do oversight with the whistleblower, dude?

MAGUIRE: That's the deal!

SCHIFF: Once you get the clearance for the guy's attorney, are you going to cockblock us, or will anyone else?

MAGUIRE: of course not, I love whistleblowers

SEWELL: You know what? This kinda seems like you don't actually love whistleblowers.

TURNER: Thank you for following all the laws! That's awesome. I read the transcript and it's not the complaint!

(EG Note: that is not the transcript.)

Also, SCHIFF IS A LIARHEAD!

(Jesus Christ he just called Schiff a liar in open Congress and is bullshitting at a level that even shocks me)

TURNER: Isn't the whistleblower not supposed to apply to the President, who isn't even a spook? So tell us about oversight whistleblower I am just going to keep talking because none of this is good so tell us some things and other ideas that come up oversight whistleblowers

MAGUIRE: The whistleblower can't just report on non-spooks. I was prudent. I know a lot about lawyers. They have different opinions, even when they are the subject of what looks like a report of treason! There are nine justices at SCOTUS! Nine!

SCHIFF: Dude, I was doing a satire of how Mobsters talk - the fact that it seemed real is more to my point.

(EG note: Mm. Maybe be very clear you're not doing direct quotes, because it's the Congressional record.)

CARSON: Sounds like you just worked with the White House and DOJ to defy our subpoena.

MAGUIRE: They didn't tell me what to do, I just asked their opinions, and then didn't respond to your subpoena. And it only cost seven days!

MAGUIRE: I just needed to comply with the law, so I did.

CARSON: You gonna give us what you owe us by law from now on?

MAGUIRE: Sure!

SCHIFF: So nobody told you to withhold the complaint?

MAGUIRE: Nope!

SCHIFF: So you made the decision to keep it from us.

MAGUIRE: I was prudent!

SCHIFF: Nobody's ever done what you did.

MAGUIRE: Trump is not a CIA clandestine service officer!

SCHIFF: Cut it out. You decided. Nobody claimed executive privilege. So this was your decision.

MAGUIRE: But they said things in places!

SCHIFF: 😐

MAGUIRE: Transcripts were released, then I was free!

(EG Note: THOSE WERE NOT TRANSCRIPTS. THIS IS HORSESHIT.)

WENSTRUP: Making up parody is not cool in a Congressional hearing. The media will use it anyhow, which sucks.

(He may not be wrong here.)

WENSTRUP: But was it even credible?

MAGUIRE: The IG thought so.

WENSTRUP: But he didn't even have the transcript! Anyhow, Obama colluded with Russia, right, and Brennan wouldn't tell us! So isn't that what you're doing?

MAGUIRE: Executive privilege!

WENSTRUP: Can the President withhold conversations with foreign governments?

MAGUIRE: The release of the conversation may affect future presidents.

WENSTRUP: Maybe 14 days isn't enough time to decide whether obvious criminality is a problem?

MAGUIRE: Mm. Not necessarily.

SPEIER: Did you threaten to resign if we didn't get this complaint?

SPEIER: Were you shocked by this complaint?

MAGUIRE: I was in the Navy.

SPEIER: The complaint is about Rudy going to meet with Ukraine and the attempt to hide records of the call. Did that seem like consciousness of guilt?

MAGUIRE: No idea. That's the whistleblower's deal.

SPEIER: Kinda looks like a coverup, though.

MAGUIRE: The whistleblower was getting things second hand.

SPEIER: But the IG checked it. What about the "Deep State" bullshit where they accused the IC of spying on the president?

MAGUIRE: I wrote a memo.

SPEIER: Trump called this guy a traitor. Do you agree?

MAGUIRE: I think the whistleblower thinks it was the right thing...

SPEIER: Did POTUS asked for the identity of this person?

MAGUIRE: No.

STEWART: Thank you for everything.

MAGUIRE: I was a Navy SEAL.

STEWART: I was in the Air Force! We're veterans! How dare these people say you broke the law! They're being mean!

STEWART: Are you a MAGA guy?

STEWART: You break any laws?

STEWART: Isn't Bill Barr able to tell you to break this particular law, to keep the whistleblower complaint from Congress?

MAGUIRE: Absolutely!

STEWART: THEN THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS! YOU'RE A GREAT GUY! THEY ARE POLITICAL, I AM SURELY NOT! Also, leaks.

SCHIFF: Nobody has accused you of being a political stooge, we just read the statute and you have to give us those complaints, especially when they're this treasony.

QUIGLEY: So we have security clearances for a reason, right?

MAGUIRE: Um. Yes. It's the IC.

QUIGLEY: Then what the f**k is Giuliani up to?

MAGUIRE: He's Trump's personal lawyer!

QUIGLEY: He doesn't have a clearance and he's running a private State Department, bro. Thoughts?

QUIGLEY: Does Rudy have a security clearance?

MAGUIRE: I don't know.

(EG Note: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠 ARE YOU JOKING?)

QUIGLEY: Dude, are you f**king serious? This is about defense policy and Rudy doesn't have a clearance?

MAGUIRE: I dunno, that's his private lawyer! I don't know!

QUIGLEY: You can't be serious, dude. These are crimes.

STEFANIK: Prior to the 26th did you talk to the IG?

MAGUIRE: Can't remember.

STEFANIK: OK, get back to me. Let's look at the complaint: "I was not a direct witness" - isn't that a big deal?

MAGUIRE: I believe the IG did his job properly, and I have no reason to doubt him.

STEFANIK: Yeah, but there's a lot here. Was it like a REALLY good investigation, or maybe crappy?

MAGUIRE: The IG did his job. And he's independent.

STEFANIK: So this could maybe be like only one person!

MAGUIRE: That's not what I said. I said I don't know what the IG did.

SWALWELL: So this kind of looks like a coverup. Like moving the transcript to TS+ servers. And you went to the guys who did that first?

SWALWELL: You had no wiggle room. You were told to go to Congress. You went to the White House. Did they tell you to go to DOJ next?

MAGUIRE: We talked about things.

SWALWELL: This wasn't the first time these guys hid transcripts in TS+ servers.

MAGUIRE: Trump does not work for the NSA.

SWALWELL: Mind if he covers up for Saudi and Russia?

MAGUIRE: He can do what he wants!

SWALWELL: Seriously, bro?

SWALWELL: Is defending America's democracy in your job description?

MAGUIRE: Uhhhhh

SWALWELL: COME ON DUDE.

MAGUIRE: Sure. Fine.

MAGUIRE: But the Ukraine thing wasn't an election.

SCHIFF: Dude. Did you read the thing? Biden? All that shit? That's not election interference? Mmkay.

HURD: The August 12 letter - did the whistleblower just hand it to Congress?

MAGUIRE: No, they followed procedure.

HURD: If everyone just went to Congress with whistleblower stuff, wouldn't that hurt the IC? Could we change the law?

MAGUIRE: Well, it's a pretty good law. This was unprecedented.

HURD: Do you know about suspending aid to Ukraine through OMB?

HURD: Can DOJ Office of Legal Counsel override laws?

MAGUIRE: No, but they tell the Executive Branch what to do, and we have to.

(EG note: uhhh...they can tell you to override the checks and balances of a co-equal branch? I doubt it.)

CASTRO: The complaint and the notes from the Ukraine call are pretty consistent, yes?

MAGUIRE: Sure.

CASTRO: So you read the part about getting them to investigate the Bidens and who to meet with, right? And where Trump crapped on the old ambassador?

CASTRO: Sound credible to you?

MAGUIRE: That's the IG's job. He thinks so. My only trouble is that Trump does not work as an imagery analyst for NGA.

CASTRO: Dude. This didn't seem like national security and intelligence to you?

MAGUIRE: Uhhhh.

CASTRO: Dude. If the CIA heard about this, wouldn't that interest them?

MAGUIRE: Trump does not work for the 25th Air Force as an analyst.

CASTRO: You realize nobody ever went to DOJ on this stuff before, right?

MAGUIRE: Unprecedented!

RATCLIFFE: I just resigned from Homeland Security, but we won't talk about that. THEY SAID YOU BROKE A LAW! CRIMES!

RATCLIFFE: She said you broke the law, but you said you didn't, so technically we're done here!

RATCLIFFE: They won't even apologize to you! We're nice, Democrats are meanies. And who cares about this whistleblower or the IG? We should believe Trump, because HE HAS SUCH A GREAT TRACK RECORD OF TRUTHFUL STATEMENTS! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

RATCLIFFE: The whistleblower just says he got the story confirmed by multiple internal sources, verified by the IG.

THIS IS LIKE THE STEELE DOSSIER!

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

RATCLIFFE: It's totally lawful to ask Ukraine to interfere in our democracy. I yield back!

HECK: OK, so Trump was looking for foreign help in yet another election. The FBI says you need to go to them. You agree with him?

HECK: Did the President turn himself in to the FBI? (🤣) Anyhow, the FEC says you can't take help from foreign governments. Agree with them?

MAGUIRE: Yes, that's bad, but I'm not a lawyer.

HECK: Seriously, this requires going to law school?

HECK: You remember when Trump said he'd accept foreign help? And then...he did it? That seem OK to you?

MAGUIRE: Nobody is above the law.

HECK: So this is a crime.

MAGUIRE: Jeez, I dunno.

HECK: DUDE.

MAGUIRE: OK, it's bad.

HECK: HOW ABOUT EXTORTION? Most of us realize this is a crime.

MAGUIRE: It was referred to the FBI.

HECK: BUT NONE OF THESE TRUMP TREASONWEASELS REPORTED IT, get it?

WELCH: You said this was unique? Yeah, a president and AG up to this kind of shit is REALLY UNIQUE, DUDE.

WELCH: ODNI has jurisdiction over foreign interference in US democracy. Big job! Now, you said executive privilege is why you didn't send us the complaint. What if a Senator did this?

MAGUIRE: Hypothetical!

WELCH: Yeah, well, would you give us that complaint?

MAGUIRE: But Senators are not Special Agents for FBI-Counterintelligence!

WELCH: Dude. That's not a threat? You're putting these people above the law.

MAGUIRE: But the FBI got the stuff.

WELCH: Fine.

MALONEY: So Trump is withholding $391 million in military aid while Russia is IN Ukraine. And Trump basically extorts him. And so you go to the White House to ask their opinion and the DOJ when Bill Barr is involved. See any conflicts, here?

MAGUIRE: I was new! So I just thought I should talk to lawyers.

MALONEY: You gave veto power to the two people implicated by this. Was that prudent?

MAGUIRE: I had to go to Barr! Had to!

MALONEY: Did you talk to Trump about this?

MAGUIRE: Privilege.

MALONEY: So yes.

MAGUIRE: Confidential!

SCHIFF: Dude. We're not asking about the PBD.

SCHIFF: Confirming or denying will not challenge executive privilege. So did you or didn't you?

MAGUIRE: GLOMAR.

</>

You can follow @ericgarland.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.