Joshua Wong 黃之鋒😷 @joshuawongcf Activist from Hong Kong. Secretary General of @demosisto. Email: [email protected] Donation: www.demosisto.hk/donation?lang=en Sep. 27, 2019 1 min read

1. I think the situation has seriously deteriorated as BNP Paribas is not even a Hong Kong’s corporation, but a French company. It shows that China’s white terror tactic has stretched out its reach to European countries.  https://www.ft.com/content/5fbe4ade-df93-11e9-9743-db5a370481bc 

2. No doubt the Beijing government is now using its economic power, as well as mobilizing its state-controlled media outlets and social media platforms, to push all companies to take a hard line against protect-supporting employees in the territory.

3. First is Cathay Pacific Airways, then we have BNP Paribas. World leaders should condemn China's intrusion on basic freedoms of speech and expression. I believe such white terror will persist, and even grow worse if other countries remain silent.

4. Therefore, I urge the French government and parliament to speak up and take actions on China’s intervention into banks and other companies in France.

You can follow @joshuawongcf.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.