Seth Abramson (@🏠)+ Your Authors @SethAbramson Attorney. @Newsweek columnist. Proof of Corruption (preorder: amzn.to/2TcvDsH) and NYT bestseller Proof of Conspiracy (amzn.to/2sQBWYL). Professor @UofNH. Sep. 29, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

I can't say how happy this article makes me. Years ago I asked a friend, "If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding *into*? If the laws of physics apply here, isn't it possible—or even definitionally the case—that they don't apply in any space the universe is not (yet)?"

(The thinking being that, if the laws of physics are how we identify the universe as the "universe," if our universe were to be expanding into a space where the laws of physics *also* apply, how would that space be in any sense distinguishable from the universe then entering it?)

(A further question being, if the Big Bang created our universe and is the reason our universe is still expanding, why would it not also be the case that a Big Bang created the universe "next" to ours and that that universe is also expanding... into ours? I've so many questions.)

(I'll be candid and say one of the reasons the multiverse idea has been interesting to me over the last 3+ years is that if there's such a thing I have to think we're in one of the sh*tty versions of reality, which makes me pissed at how many billions of realities escaped Trump)

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.