Yashar Ali 🐘 @yashar New York Magazine/HuffPost Contributor Email: [email protected] Direct Messages Open Text/Call/Signal/Confide/WhatsApp: 310-795-2497. Agents: UTA Sep. 30, 2019 1 min read

1. Jessye Norman, the international opera star, dead at 74

An icon, a trailblazer, and a hero to so many people in music, especially Opera.

This is devastating.  https://apnews.com/b486761f80434b1f8d963c41090ad57d?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter 

2. Reaction pouring in to the news of Jessye Norman's passing.

3. Here is Jessye Norman with one of my favorite performances of Ave Maria.

I am so, so sad that she’s gone.

74 seems so young.

4. I've always loved this clip of Jessye Norman explaining why "The Star Spangled Banner," should NOT be our national anthem.

She makes the case for "America The Beautiful," to be the national anthem in the most elegant way.

Gosh, I'm gonna miss her so much.

You can follow @yashar.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.