DHH @dhh Creator of Ruby on Rails, Founder & CTO at Basecamp, NYT best-selling author, and Le Mans 24h class-winning racing driver. Oct. 01, 2019 1 min read

Apple Pay has really changed the game. In the past, it always felt like a drag to buy online from a place where you didn’t already have an account (ie Amazon). Now Apple Pay makes it seem like you have an account everywhere. Address, credit card, everything prefilled ❤️

And with Amazon’s counterfeit woes, it simply feels safer just to go straight to the makers as well. Talk about disintermediation. In the last few weeks, I’ve bought direct from Sonos, B&O, Bumble & Bumble, and several others. I’m in and out quicker than I ever was at Amazon.

So next time you think: hey, I should get that on Amazon, just stop for a second. Find the maker’s own site. You’ll probably get much better info and with Apple Pay the checkout is a bliss (probably because the store runs on @Shopify 😂).

You can follow @dhh.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.