i'm watching 31 horror movies this october again! like last year, it's a mix of classics from my watchlist/things that sounded cool/people's recommendations/new stuff, etc. i've never seen any of these. i'll be posting about each one and will try to keep the thread spoiler-free.
1. eXistenZ (1999) - i like that this movie grapples with pretty standard (at this point) questions about reality, art, technology, etc. but seems much more interested in the weird terror and psychosis of it all than getting stuffy with its philosophy. also, the bone gun. 👍
2. the borderlands/final prayer (2013) - surprisingly decent found footage about some guys investigating supernatural occurrences in a rural british church. no cheap jump scares, just slow buildup to a very unexpected ending. 👍
5. good manners (2017) - a dark fairtytale about social/class relations in são paulo. follows a nurse hired as a maid for a rich pregnant woman then totally changes course halfway in. some might hate the shift but if you don't mind a bit of melodrama/fantasy, this movie rules. 👍
6. pinocchio's revenge (1996) - the puppet looks progressively worse in every scene. the babysitter is italian just to deliver pinocchio facts. the movie has nothing to do with revenge. there are like five twists and none of them are very good. i love this stupid ass puppet. 👍
7. the rat savior (1976) - i had really high hopes for a movie called THE RAT SAVIOR. it was pitched to me as croatian invasion of the body snatchers with rat people. ended up being boring and possibly antisemitic?? idk about this one!! 👎
You can follow @_chloi.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.