Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Oct. 04, 2019 1 min read

Imagine streaming video service which allowed you to you watch Michael Mauboussin speak for an hour a day on a topic like expectations investing.

Then imagine nothing to detract from that like people blathering about market noise like they were announcers at a basketball game.

2/ What is more instructive for investment analysis – determining value or expected return?

What is the difference between “cheap” and “mis-priced”?

What is the difference between a great business, a good business and a bad business?

3/ How can we evaluate when a business and/or an industry’s mid-long term economics change?

How can we evaluate company specific structural mis-pricings that exist?

How can we categorize investment opportunities to improve how we value and define them?

4/ How can we define a process to source mis-pricings into investment categories?

What are the commonly used valuation methodologies and which are most instructive for certain situations?

What is the most effective framework for modeling a business and what are the pitfalls?

5/ How can we evaluate management’s history of capital allocation?

How important is it and how do we factor this into valuation?

What top-down inputs are instructive for a security analyst?

What lessons have we learned from previous bubbles?

6/ Can computing and evaluating asset class expected returns help source where a security analyst might find mis-pricings and compounding opportunities?

How do we evaluate secular headwinds or tailwinds for industries and businesses?  https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/courses/mba/2018/spring/b8368-001 

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.