A.R. Moxon (Julius Goat) @JuliusGoat Author of THE REVISIONARIES, coming 12/3/19 Pre-order: static.mhpbooks.com/the-revisionaries/ Newsletter: tinyletter.com/ARMoxon He/him Repped by @samroebuck Oct. 04, 2019 1 min read

They're piling lie upon lie upon lie, and no lie can be allowed to pass, so every lie must be refuted; every refutation wastes time, which is exactly what it is designed to do.

It's a denial of service attack on reality

They have to start treating Trump himself as a de-faco lie

Once a lie is refuted through diligent verification, it should be published as a lie and ignored.

Trump—the entirety of him, every word, every action, every statement by every associate—has got to start being treated as if it were an already-refuted lie.

He is a lie.

We can't keep doing this. They're just lying strategically to wear us down.

Stop believing anything that they say. Don't even repeat it. It's worthless.

Just report that they are strategic liars and what they say is not to be believed.

If you do that, you'll be reporting fact.

I understand why "you have to assume good faith when refuting a fact-checked statement" is a journalistic standard.

I guess when they made that rule nobody asked "but what if the president simply tells us hundreds of obvious lies every day?" b/c who could imagine such a thing?

And I'm sure nobody asked "Furthermore, what if the president's entire party simply joins him in lying? And what if a broadcasting/publishing industry grew up deliberately intending to create such a scenario, and to amplify and distribute those lies?"

Maybe let's ask that now.

It's a denial of service attack on reality itself.

The overarching crisis is a Reality Crisis.

'If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.'

-Thomas Pynchon

You can follow @JuliusGoat.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.