Eric Garland @ericgarland Strategic intelligence analyst. Want to learn more about Trump-Russia? Check out Game Theory Today. www.ericgarland.co/game-theory-today-twitter/ Oct. 07, 2019 4 min read

<THREAD>

We will not let American values go just because of some crooks, Mobsters, and spies.

We will win - with our allies, with our neighbors, with each other - no matter how long it takes.

This thread is dedicated to my fine American friend who's horrified at this latest assault by Trump and his cronies where the Kurds pay with their blood.

They may fatigue us, but never beat us.

Trump is not simply a man - face it, he's barely a man, mostly a crusty botch of nature, a sad accident - but the horrifying front for a psy op - one to make America question its nature, and that of her allies.

Though we face more than just Russia's Mob, spies, and slime-dragging co-conspirators, you cannot deny that the Russians have practiced long and hard at demoralizing its enemies. They want us to see the ugliest in us.

We're hardly the only targets for their ugly propaganda campaigns. Ask the Baltic people, the Poles, many other fine cultures. They have used ugly imagery as a psychic weapon for a century.

The Chekists (Russia's spy services) love cartoonish, semi-epic characterizations of our own people. Whichever value is least attractive in us, they love to make of it a marionette.

Of course, no puppet could really be any worse than Donald J. Trump - or better, from the Chekist perspective.

He's what we mostly dislike and in many cases fear - the ultimate ugly American.

Trump is the ugliest American: born rich but with zero nobility, mediocre but narcissistic, always talking but never with anything to say, a soulless abuser, dominant to some but pathetically subservient to anyone he thinks slightly superior.

Capt. Bone Spur.

And for four years, we've been forced to see this guy every damned day. Seemlessly without end.

But more than the images, there are the actions.

Trump, a wretch, has defiled images, places, feelings, and values that are all core to the American psyche.

This desecration of the CIA Wall of Stars - a cemetery for those who couldn't come home - was one of the first that truly seared me, disgusted me.

The ugly started early. Those scenes of his rallies were like Leni Riefenstahl movies, deft paeans to hideous emotions allowed to run free.

Let's face it: Fidel Castro would have even found this a *little* too much.

And then there are some of the classics.

That's what our enemies, foreign and domestic, want us to see about ourselves. To feel doubt, shame.

But we are not *just* that. We're more.  https://twitter.com/i/moments/978798240375214080 

To near the beaches of Normandy. Or to West Berlin. Ask them.

Not if Americans are perfect. Far from it. But we're more than this Trump Op.

Simply put, we're more. (Toys for Tots here)

Four solid years of Trump, his handlers, and a sadly complicit media have tried to tell us this place is every bit as bad as Moscow's Mob wants us to be.

Some of us have started to believe it. And it doesn't have to be.

Our enemies, foreign and domestic, want Americans and the world to think that we're all a bunch of faithless allies. Science haters. Racists. Divided. Doomed.

Not if we don't want.

I don't know how fast we can impeach this goon and hold him accountable to even laws he's never heard of.

But I know that we cannot give up the future just because they attacked it - and us.

The fact is, America is full of far more noble, dutiful, faithful, kind people than these false leaders would have us think.

Even Washington is still almost all staffed with career professionals, not mealy-mouthed, ninth-rate hustlers.

Still there. Ready.

This has been a dark, exhausting period - but wars always are.

This hasn't just been an information war, an emotional war, an economic war - it's been a war for civilization and our souls.

And we are weary but I don't think broken.

There will be much to repair. Many relationships to mend. Values to place once again high, high on pedestals.

A more perfect union. And a republic, if you can keep it.

Because folks, if we're not broken after THIS MANY YEARS OF THESE PEOPLE GOOD GOD CAN YES PLEASE GET IT OVER WITH NO MORE BETSY DEVOS NO MORE BILL BARRS NO MORE

JESUS HERE'S A RICK PERRY GIF MAKE HIM GO AWAY

AND NONE OF TRUMP'S KIDS FOR CHRIST

(Come on folks - if I don't go all-caps at some point, you'll get nervous.) 😎

So let's take this anguish and turn it into righteousness and resolve. We're all exhausted. But we still can't let them win.

That's our right. And if you agree, our future.

God bless America, and every nation, not one single person left out.

</THREAD>

You can follow @ericgarland.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.