Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, Lawyer (U.C. Berkeley) My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Bio here: terikanefield.com/about-me George Papadopoulos called me deluded Oct. 07, 2019 1 min read

1/ I want to point out again the problem with this.

The criminal code is inadequate to talk about impeachment violations.

The Trump-Fox-GOP wants this to be about the criminal code instead of national security and the kinds of things the framers were worried about.

2/ The criminal code was intended for the kinds of routine crimes people commit.

Impeachment is about abuse of power.

See chapter 2 -4 in this book 👇

If the discussion is about which crimes are committed, Trump wins.

Yes, he broke laws. But . . .

3/ . . . violations of the criminal code are petty compared to trading foreign policy for personal gain.

Please see:

When the argument is over the elements of the criminal code, Trump wins because we're allowing ourselves to be misdirected.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.