François Chollet @fchollet Deep learning @google. Creator of Keras, neural networks library. Author of 'Deep Learning with Python'. Opinions are my own. Oct. 08, 2019 1 min read

I find it absolutely hilarious how the people who comment positively under the tweets of the grifter-in-chief all seem to be promoting some kind of gift themselves, be it a merch store, a supplement, or a podcast.

It's grifters all the way down

It beautifully mirrors the fact that his closest allies are themselves only part of the journey because of some large-scale grift of their own -- Manafort, Giuliani, etc

Grifters all the way up

You could call it the Trump scale:

☑️ Trump supporters on Twitter: small-time grift (knock off merch, disinfo podcasts...)

☑️ Close Trump allies: big-time grift (influence peddling, money laundering...)

☑️ Trump: the biggest grift, believe me

Related: mid-level Trumpers (e.g. the founder of "Students for Trump") turn out to be mid-level grifters ($46k scam)  https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-students-for-trump-founder-guilty-20190806-uvtska53qrb33fq4u7jm6jkfmm-story.html 

There's always a grift, it comes with the territory

You can follow @fchollet.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.