Seth Abramson @SethAbramson @Newsweek columnist. Analyses @BBC. NYT bestselling author of Proof of Conspiracy (bit.ly/2kP6FkZ). Next: Citizen Journalist (Macmillan). Professor. Attorney. Oct. 08, 2019 1 min read

(NOTE) Wonder why Trump is trying to run out the clock until the 2020 elections? Because there's a growing body of evidence that the pro-Trump attack on America by the Kremlin in mid-2020 will be so powerful it can't be stopped—and will ensure a Trump win.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/09/24/new-cyberwarfare-report-unveils-russias-secret-weapon-against-us-2020-election/#711623ba68f5 

PS/ Of all Trump's treacherous betrayals of his country, the most important is one we never talk about: he's deliberately left America naked to a massive 2020 Russian cyberattack—not to mention attacks from Saudi Arabia, Israel and the UAE—that he knows will carry him to victory.

PS2/ It's always seemed bizarre to me that *more than a year before* the 2020 election, Trump's favorite talking point is Democrats "can't win"—especially as the next time Trump wins the popular vote will be his first. He seems to be narrative-building for a shady win he expects.

PS3/ To be clear, I'm *not* implying Trump has some advance knowledge of what the Russians, Saudis, Israelis and Emiratis are planning. That'd be silly. What I *am* saying is that Trump knows—as we *all* do—that the cavalry *is* coming to aid Trump in one form or another in 2020.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.